Top 6 Best GED Prep Books For 2023
GED, standing for General Educational Development, is the popular test around the world which aims to measure accurately and precisely proficiency in Mathematics, Social Studies, Language Arts, and Science.
For those who are aspiring to hold a GED in order to get more prospective career and educational opportunities, choosing the best GED prep books is the first step to ace the GED test because test-takers might exhaust the potential resources to boost their scores and enhance their knowledge as well. However, if you search the keyword “GED Prep Book” on Amazon, you will receive a ton of results, which might make you feel overwhelmed. For this primary reason, we have created this guide to help you find the best GED Prep book for your learning needs and budget. Let’s check it out!
Before we start introducing best GED Prep Books to you all, we want to take a while and tell you the reason why we choose these books on our list. First, these books from prestigious test prep companies and publishers are collected.
First and foremost, although there are tons of GED Prep Books available on Amazon we only chose books from reputable test prep companies and publishers, which have proven track records of success. Second, our selected books will provide you with in-depth, comprehensive information on its selected topic. Now let’s dig into the best GED Prep Books you can buy!
1. Why Should You Use A GED Prep Book?
As far as you know, the GED test only measures your high-school equivalency knowledge and doesn’t attempt to trick you. As a result, the amount you study and prepare often affects your final score. You might hear a lot of tips or study guides which help maximize your score on the GED Test. Furthermore, choosing the best GED Prep Book attracts more learner’s interest because they help learners take a chance to expose valid, useful and authorized resources at their home.
Although there are hundreds of GED paper and online prep books you can buy, it is recommended that you should know which areas you need to improve so as to choose the right books. In this article, we will give you a list of renowned GED Prep Books and their main contents. Read on to learn more about them!
2. Top 6 Best GED Prep Books You Should Know
2.1. Kaplan GED Test Prep Plus 2022-2023
This GED prep test is published by Kaplan, the official partner for online prep for GED Test. Online practice, video tutorials and expert strategies are provided in this product. Kaplan GED Test Prep Book places more emphasis on an advanced and more demanding and user-friendly self-study feature instead of the traditional model of classroom use. Furthermore, a quick comprehensive review of everything on the GED test with specific examples, graphics and information will be offered when reading the product. Additionally, learners will get more effective study time and improvement because the book’s content covers a detailed overview of the rudiment of the test examining all subjects with practice questions.
Remarkably, it is clear that the book which is compiled by the professional timbre and caliber of the authors: teachers, tutors and field experts will afford every user one-on-one tutoring experience and the benefit of tips and other test secrets that comes with it.
Some incredible features of The Kaplan GED Test Prep Plus comprise:
- Two full-length practice tests with meticulous explanations which are available in the book and online that help users recognize their strengths and identify their weaknesses.
- A comprehensive study pack that allows learners to easily find out a personalized study plan
- Over 1,000 questions with detailed explanations
- An incisive, in-depth review of all the four GED subjects
- Effective strategies for all questions types including the advanced extended responses and short answers for RLA and science test respectively.
- 60 online videos with expert instruction, explanations, and strategies
- A diagnostic pretest to help you set up a personalized study plan
- Essential skills, lesson plans, reviews for all GED subjects: Reasoning through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Social Studies
- Clear instructions on using the Texas Instruments TI-30XS MultiView calculator
Addition to some aforementioned pros, you might have some disadvantages in this book. One of them could be a few editing errors in the answers sections.
2.2. GED Study Guide 2022 and 2023 All Subjects: GED Test Prep Book with 2 Practice Exams: [7th Edition]
The GED Study Guide 2022 and 2023 All Subjects: GED Test Prep Book with 2 Practice Exams comprises GED exam study guide with a review material, practice test questions and test-taking strategies. The GED test prep book has a full review of all questions based on GED standards. This book provides detailed and comprehensive explanations and solutions to questions through two level explanations to help learners avoid missing the same question a second time.
In essence, the prep test book also incorporates into its content and top test-taking tips with primary focus on time management and error free delivery. Therefore, the test prep book affords readers not only in not only learning for test purposes but also for successful application of such knowledge.
Some other advantages you might take from the book as follows:
- Quick Overview
- The latest Test-Taking Strategies
- Study Prep Plan for the GED Exam
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Reasoning Through Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Practice Test Questions
- Detailed Answer Explanations
- Lots of practice test questions with detailed answer explanations
- The latest test-taking strategies.
2.3. Barron’s GED Test 450 Flash Cards (Second Edition)
The Barron’s GED Test 450 Flash Cards (2nd edition) aims to help learners sharpen up their knowledge by using flashcards. The 450 flashcards are categorized into GED’s four test areas – Mathematics, Reading through Language Arts (RLA), Social Studies and Science.
More specifically, some incredible features of the book include:
- 125 flashcards are designed for English or Reading through Language Arts
- 100 Social studies cards covering courses including history, geography, government and economics
- 100 flash cards for science encompassing biology, earth science, chemistry and physics
- 125 mathematics cards presenting questions with solutions covering operations of numbers, geometry, measurement and algebra.
- Comprehensive test questions and answers.
One drawback of the book is that the solutions presented tackle a few topics.
2.4. GED Study Guide 2022 All Subjects: Test Prep and Review of Reasoning through Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies with Practice Exam Questions
The Accepted GED Preparation All Subject Study Guide 2022 is a new edition of GED test prep book that replaces the earlier released GED Preparation 2018 All Subjects Study Guide: GED Test Prep Book and Practice Questions for the GED Exam. The book employs real-life examples, graphics and information to help learner’s take insight into each GED subject.
It is believed that Accepted GED Preparation All Subjects Study Guide 2022
is an excellent and incredible source for test takers, which makes learning easy and without complexity since the terms are highlighted throughout the text to attract the user’s attention to salient facts. The book covers:
Part I: Reasoning Through Language Arts
- Grammar and Sentence Structure
- The Essay
Part II: Mathematical Reasoning
- Numbers and Operations
- Statistics and Probability
Part III: Science
- Scientific Practices
- Life Science
- Physical Science
- Earth and Space Science
Part IV: Social Studies
- United States History
- Civics and Government
- Geography and the World
Practice tests for each subject
Moreover, let’s see some other benefits you can take when buying the book:
- The abundance of text including both teaching and demonstrating examples
- Complete and incisive content
- A full review of the subjects covered on the GED exam
- Real-world examples
- Detailed answer explanations, worked through practice problems
- Test tips and strategies.
- FREE practice questions, flash cards, study “cheat” sheets, and 35 test tips, all available online.
2.5. McGraw-Hill Education Language Arts Workbook for GED Test 2022
The McGraw-Hill Education Language Arts Workbook for GED Test 2022 is a product of a famous educational company. This book based on the common core state standard suitable for all high school equivalency exams aims to guide learners to succeed in the RLA portion of the GED test.
Some incredible features of McGraw-Hill Education Language Arts Workbook for GED Test 2022 comprise:
- 300 RLA questions in a variety of formats provide a foundation for intensive practice.
- The most important concepts of the RLA that have recurred in GED past papers.
- Pretests which allow learners to discover their strengths as well as weaknesses.
- Extensive examples
- Post tests simulated the actual ones to provide learners with realistic test-day experience beforehand.
- New: Review questions on critical thinking and reasoning match latest test
- New: Appendix covers the most important vocabulary for the RLA section of the test
- The Flashcard App includes 100 flashcards to help you review all four test sections
- Learning objectives based on the Common Core State Standards, allowing you to use the book for all high school equivalency exams
In general, the book is suitable for teachers and tutors to impart knowledge step by step as well as is regarded as a great tool for first timers and experienced test takers.
Some disadvantages are found as follows:
- Much importance and specialization to a section.
- Curriculum needs to be updated.
2.6. GED Study Guide 2022 All Subjects: GED Prep Book Secrets, 3 Full-Length Practice Tests, Step-by-Step Review Video Tutorials: [Certified Content Alignment]
Mometrix’s GED study book affords a variety of resources, including practice questions, study guides, video tutorials, tips and strategies, and a comprehensive review of each GED section. Most people have found this book digestible and easy to read. However, it seems that there are few questions and practice tests. Therefore, it is a good fit for those who are seeking a straightforward prep resource or a study guide rather than a worksheet or practice booklet.
GED Study Guide 2022 All Subjects – GED Prep Book Secrets is the ideal prep solution for anyone who wants to pass their General Educational Development Tests because it consists of:
- Practice test questions with detailed answer explanations
- Step-by-step video tutorials to help you master difficult concepts
- Tips and strategies to help you get your best test performance
- A complete review of all GED test sections
- Simple, Easy-to-Read, Real-Life Examples
The Mometrix guide covers the critical information you will need in order to do well on your GED exam: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary that you are expected to have mastered before sitting for your GED exam.
The Mathematical Reasoning section includes:
- Basic Math
- Statistics and Probability
The Reasoning Through Language Arts section includes:
- Reading for Meaning
- Identifying and Creating Arguments
- Foundations of Grammar
- Agreement and Sentence Structure
- Usage Errors
- Strategy for the Extended Response Section
The Science section encompasses:
- Reading for Meaning in Science
- Designing and Interpreting Science Experiments
- Using Numbers and Graphics in Science
- Science Knowledge Overview
The Social Studies section covers:
- Reading for Meaning in Social Studies
- Analyzing Historical Events and Arguments in Social Studies
- Using Numbers and Graphics in Social Studies
- Social Studies Knowledge Overview
To sum up, in this article, we have given you a list of 6 GED Prep Books. Hopefully, you can find the best one which is right for you to prepare for your GED exam effectively. Study smarter and get a higher score with the best GED Prep Books and Online GED Practice Test right now!